SPA-09: Advance ATM Industry Workshop, 1 Day
November 9 - November 10| $950 – $1195
Global trends and status of the ATM industry today
- What are the big-ticket changes, cashless, new operating models, mobile? What is the impact of supplier consolidation, how do the software-only companies compete with traditional manufacturers? What is the focus for the different stakeholders?
Windows 10 – the road to Damascus?
Microsoft’s answer in the fight to malware has been long awaited. Microsoft is also stepping up to demonstrate the same level of responsiveness as tablet or smartphone solutions and has made elementary chances to the support of their products
- Windows 10 – compliance or value-add
- New features, challenges and open issues
- Defining your roadmap to Windows 10
- This module is based on Payment Redesign’s activity starting with a practical overview of Windows 10, supplier availability and addressing practical issues with deployers and suppliers.
In several geographies ATM deployers do not rely on traditional solutions such as Windows XP or Windows 7. This may seem swimming against the tide, although those operators demonstrate an excellent rationale.
- Global review non-traditional operating systems
- Future alternatives
- Lessons learnt
Security – what are the common threads in the industry
Similar to any other part of the payment industry, fraudsters seem to have all the knowledge to defraud ATM operators.
- What attacks are taking place?
- How is the industry responding?
New Payments Technology
During the last years, a card payment technology has changes. EMV is near maturing with a global liability shift, NFC and mobile are rolled out and are likely to mature faster than EMV roll-out.
- Review of the status of the different new technologies
- Leveraging NFC and mobile to increase ATM security
- Practical experience from a range of projects
The cloud – time to change a 25-year-old architecture
Some insiders have suggested that a me-too reaction, following the crowd to the cloud, is not a good reason. Various studies demonstrate the benefits of cloud thinking for application management, operating systems updates and security. 10 large deployers have co-operated on an industry RFI requesting cloud-based solutions from the industry.
- How would a new architecture look like?
- What are the benefits to each of the stakeholders?
- Start tomorrow as the business benefits seem substantial.
Who Should Attend
- Head of the ATM channel
- IT architects
- ATM security specialists
- Product managers banks, operators and suppliers
- Those with an interest in the banking and payments industries