SPA-18: 2-Days eCommerce Payments and CNP Fraud types, Fraud Detection and Fraud mitigation Systems
America’s Secure Payments Academy is pleased to bring you a new two-day course to answer many questions that have arisen post COVID-19, titled: eCommerce Payments and CNP Fraud types, Fraud Detection and Fraud mitigation Systems.
eCommerce and online transactions have shot up very rapidly during the lockdown and post lockdown due to COVID-19. With this increase in the online transactions, there has been a sharp increase in online fraud, or better known as Card Not Present Fraud (CNP). In order to understand how to combat fraud, an understanding if the eCommerce world is required. There are a multitude of techniques offered by various vendors to stop or at least decrease the amount of CNP fraud. These are in addition to the EMVCo specifications 3DS2.2 that encourages merchants to check their online customers and only send the issuer/processor the transactions that they have approved as coming from a genuine customer.
Many of the techniques used today work on collecting data about the customer and analyzing this data to determine if the customer is a real customer. These techniques are generally based on data Analytics. One issue with the data analytics is False Declines – meaning although the customer is a genuine customer, their transaction has been declined by mistake (with bad analytics). False Declines damage merchants tremendously as a declined customer will not buy from that merchant again.
Another looming problem for the eCommerce environment is that digital keys used to encrypt data may become hackable with the advent of Quantum Computing. During the two days of the workshop Quantum Computing (QC) and its effect on encrypted data will also be discussed and solutions for combatting QC hacks will be described.
There are newer techniques that are real technology and can detect fraudulent transactions with certainty. All these will be discussed in the two day workshop.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the fraud types for card not present transactions.
- Identify differences between CNP and card present fraud patterns
- Evaluate how tokenization impacts CNP fraud types
- Explain how FIDO and 3DS detect fraud
- Illustrate how SRC and PCI function within the CNP environment
Who should Attend:
- Merchant System Operations, Engineering
- Issuer/Processor Operations, Engineering
- Fraud Analysis personnel
- System Architects and Developers
- Product Development and Product Marketing
- IT and Technical Departments
- Vendors of CNP fraud detection Systems
Day 1 – Payment Card Fraud – CNP Fraud, Detection and Mitigation
- Differences between Card Present and Card Not Present transactions
- CNP Transaction basics
- CNP Fraud Types
- CNP Fraud Detection
- CNP Fraud
- Relative Fraud Type values
- Total Fraud Type Values
- Techniques for CNP Fraud Detection
- Quantum Computing effect on fraud and encryption
- QC Safe Processing and Data protection
Day 2 – Payment Card Fraud – FIDO, 3DS and SRC for CNP Fraud and Mitigation
- FIDO (Fast Identity Online)
- Introduction EMVCo 3DS2.2
- Components of 3DS2.2
- Data types collected
- Analysis of data collected
- How to decide Approval or Decline of transactions
- Example of a 3DS2.2 system
- SRC/One Click Standards
- Live 2-factor authentication demonstration
- PCI DSS
SPA-18: 2-Days eCommerce Payments and CNP Fraud types, Fraud Detection and Fraud mitigation Systems workshop, is brought to you by Secure Payments Academy, America’s Payments Experts and led by skilled instructors with more than 3 decades of technical, systems and business case experience in payments systems and technologies. This course is a deep dive guide into “How to mitigate fraudulent transactions” for the new eCommerce world.
Students will receive a course workbook and completion certificate at the conclusion of this 2-day workshop.