This course examines how to further secure transactions through use of tokenization technologies. It describes the various ways that transaction information is replaced by a token for added security. The workshop also reviews the new Bitcoin crypto-currency and its underlying platform Blockchain. . This workshop demystifies the worlds of Blockchain and Bitcoin enabling attendees and their companies to better understand what it means for their businesses.
This is an easy-to-understand introduction into the key concepts, practical implications and opportunities that these technologies bring to financial services and other sectors includes
- Introduction – Current Financial Infrastructure
- Distributed Ledger Technologies – e.g. Bitcoin
- Key characteristics of Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Blockchain models and economies
- Roles of Participants
- Opportunities & challenges for Payments
The course provides a “how to” guide for leveraging these new technologies as well as strategies for incorporating them into current payments systems.