SPA-24A – 2-Day Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course. March 25-26, 2024
Payments Tokenization in the Real Business World. The Threats and Opportunities for Your Customer Relationships
Why a course on Payments Tokenization, and why now?
Retail Payments Tokenization has been available for some time. However the current tokenization offerings and technologies are only the first generation of a very powerful payments management capability. The product and service plans of merchants, corporates, issuers and processors depend on those organizations’ understanding of how tokenization really works and how to manage its impact on their businesses.
Tokenization can add significant value to your business – Properly implemented, tokenization can enable a much closer and more focused relationship between merchants, corporates, processors and issuers and their clients. Conversely, failure to properly manage payments tokenization services by third parties, is an existential threat to your organization’s control over key customer data.
This 2-day course provides a business oriented introduction to the technology of, how it works, who the key stakeholders are and the roles they play in controlling the business and the data generated by payments tokenization. These key stakeholders include leading vendor and outsource solutions, with a on focus the card scheme offerings. Of particular importance is the generation and control of the additional business data generated by tokenization. (hint: there are options for businesses to take further control of their payments through appropriately structured tokenization services.)
Aim of the Course:
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with a basis for making business decisions as to whether or not taking control of payments tokenization warrants serious consideration by issuers, processors, merchants or corporates.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify the relevance of payments tokenization to the delegate’s organization
- Define the true business drivers behind payments tokenization
- Map how tokenization services fit within the payments ecosystem
- Evaluate the market readiness for the adoption of advanced payments tokenization services
- Identify the key players in tokenization solutions
- Define a business case and SWOT analysis for the delegate’s organization
Who Should Attend:
Those responsible for making decisions or advising on product and service offering in their organization. This workshop is designed for delegates having some familiarity with tokenization and interested in learning more as to how payments tokenization might fit within their organization.
This 2-day business planning course can also be an introduction to a follow on SPA-24B – a 3 day course focused on the monetization payments tokenization, where delegates will be able to undertake in-depth analyses of tokenization products and services in the context of their organization, enabling them to make informed decisions on the adoption, design and use (or not) of payments tokenization in their specific payments environment. Please click HERE for further information on the 3 day payments tokens monetization course.
Delegates who register for this 2-day introductory course as well as the 3-day deep dive course will receive an 8% discount on the combined package.
Students will receive a course workbook and completion certificate at the conclusion of this workshop.
Why payments tokenisation?
- Improved fraud, security and much more
- Compliance and regulation
- New product opportunities
How important is payments tokenization?
- A history of payments tokenization
- Stakeholder value propositions
- The high stakes for payments stakeholders
What does business need to know about tokenization?
- The lifecycle of a payments token
- Tokenization within the payments ecosystem
- Introducing the tokenization data model
What are the lessons learned in adopting tokenization?
- Upsides, downsides, opportunities, risks
- The winners and the losers
- Key players and enabling technologies
What is the market potential for tokenization?
- Canada as an example marketplace
- Market factors for cardholder buy in
- Market challenges for end user concerns
Who are the key players in tokenization?
- Leading vendors, services and technologies
- The card schemes and their competitors
- In house and outsource options
How has payments tokenization been monetized?
- Current and emerging use cases
- Global adoption models, status and trends
- Lessons learned from major implementations to date
Getting to your business case
- The end market perspective
- Liability, compliance and risk
- The high stakes SWOT outline
SPA-24A: 2-Day – Payments Tokenization course, is brought to you by Secure Payments Academy, in partnership with Technology Strategies International and VCS Technologies Inc.
For more information about our upcoming schedule, visit the Workshop Schedule